The GOV.UK Publishing Frontend team has created tools to help developers and designers ensure a consistent user interface across the site. We’ve already reduced the number of templates and design patterns used on GOV.UK. Now we’ve created a style guide …
We’ve consolidated the templates used by short text content types on GOV.UK.
The migration team is migrating GOV.UK’s formats to the new publishing platform. This will mean that the template consolidation team can reduce the number of templates used on GOV.UK making it easier to manage. What are formats? Formats are basically …
Our team is here to simplify the GOV.UK frontend architecture and design, so that it’s simpler and faster for us to iterate, making way for exciting improvements in the future.
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for anyone who is working on GOV.UK or interested in how the digital home of the UK government works. Written by the GOV.UK Team
Standards and guidelines
- Updating GOV.UK’s crown 19 February 2024
- Moving our most-used publishing tool to the GOV.UK design system 8 February 2024
- The findings of our first generative AI experiment: GOV.UK Chat 18 January 2024
- Experimenting with how generative AI could help GOV.UK users 18 January 2024
- In numbers: How people used GOV.UK in 2023 8 January 2024