GDS is regularly asked why we encourage the use of blogs over newsletters. We have 2 reasons: blogs perform better than newsletters we don’t publish duplicate content on GOV.UK
Content designer on GOV.UK
GOV.UK has over 116,000 items of content in departmental and policy areas. It’s vital that each one of these meets a user need and doesn’t duplicate any other content item. Maintaining consistency across policies and departments is essential to earn users’ trust. …
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for people who create or manage content on the site, frequent users and anyone else who is interested. Written by the GOV.UK team.
Act now to comply with new accessibility regulations
New regulations mean public sector bodies have a legal duty to make websites and apps accessible. Service and product owners for central government’s website, GOV.UK, need to upload an accessibility page and publishers need to upload an accessible documents policy.
Find out how your public sector organisation is impacted at GOV.UK/accessibility-regulations.
Standards and guidelines
- Apply to be the Head of Programme Delivery for GOV.UK 9 February 2021
- We’ve got a new public GOV.UK roadmap 1 February 2021
- Respecting users’ privacy on GOV.UK accounts 21 January 2021
- The technical architecture behind a GOV.UK account 7 January 2021
- Five things we’ve learned from researching the GOV.UK account 9 December 2020