In December 2016 we wrote about our fifth round of benchmarking on GOV.UK. Since the blog post we’ve been analysing and sharing our results across GDS. Although we learned a lot about the specific tasks, we also found out more …
David is a user researcher on the GOV.UK content team. He uses qualitative research methods to bring user insights into teams and help them work in user centred ways.
Twice a year the user research team runs a benchmarking exercise so we can see how GOV.UK performs. It’s really important to constantly monitor how we’re doing to identify changes in trends that we should be focussing efforts on.
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for anyone who is working on GOV.UK or interested in how the digital home of the UK government works. Written by the GOV.UK Team
Standards and guidelines
- Undertaking GOV.UK's largest software infrastructure project 20 September 2023
- How we developed GOV.UK’s strategy for growth 24 August 2023
- Making it easier to add images on GOV.UK 10 August 2023
- Updating GOV.UK when there is a machinery of government change 15 June 2023
- Responding to the changing user needs of the COVID-19 landing page 6 March 2023