Firebreaks on GOV.UK are similar to Google’s 20% time or Spotify’s hack week. For 1 week every 3 months, teams disband and everyone is given a chance to have some self-directed time to improve GOV.UK. We’ve had 3 firebreaks now: …
Senior Delivery Manager, GOV.UK
This post explores how we plan who works on which team on GOV.UK, and how that process has evolved throughout 2017-2018.
GOV.UK was recently restructured to help us achieve our 2017/18 roadmap. As a delivery manager, I oversaw the formation of 2 new teams under the new roadmap: Content History and Worldwide Publishing.
Teams at GDS are free to pick the processes and tools that work for them. On the GOV.UK Publishing Platform, our Kanban process is supported by Trello.
At GDS, we believe that self-organising teams create the best results. So we give each of our teams the autonomy to pick the delivery approach that works best for them.
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for anyone who is working on GOV.UK or interested in how the digital home of the UK government works. Written by the GOV.UK Team
Standards and guidelines
- Undertaking GOV.UK's largest software infrastructure project 20 September 2023
- How we developed GOV.UK’s strategy for growth 24 August 2023
- Making it easier to add images on GOV.UK 10 August 2023
- Updating GOV.UK when there is a machinery of government change 15 June 2023
- Responding to the changing user needs of the COVID-19 landing page 6 March 2023