Firebreaks on GOV.UK are similar to Google’s 20% time or Spotify’s hack week. For 1 week every 3 months, teams disband and everyone is given a chance to have some self-directed time to improve GOV.UK. We’ve had 3 firebreaks now: …
Senior Delivery Manager, GOV.UK
This post explores how we plan who works on which team on GOV.UK, and how that process has evolved throughout 2017-2018.
GOV.UK was recently restructured to help us achieve our 2017/18 roadmap. As a delivery manager, I oversaw the formation of 2 new teams under the new roadmap: Content History and Worldwide Publishing.
Teams at GDS are free to pick the processes and tools that work for them. On the GOV.UK Publishing Platform, our Kanban process is supported by Trello.
At GDS, we believe that self-organising teams create the best results. So we give each of our teams the autonomy to pick the delivery approach that works best for them.
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for anyone who is working on GOV.UK or interested in how the digital home of the UK government works. Written by the GOV.UK Team
Standards and guidelines
- Incident report: Some GOV.UK URLs blocked by deceptive site warning 24 November 2022
- Improving the design of subtopic pages 21 November 2022
- How GOV.UK is upgrading to Google Analytics 4 3 November 2022
- Helping people understand cladding and building safety costs 27 October 2022
- Why and how we updated the GOV.UK campaign templates 5 October 2022