In this blog post, we explain the technical details of removing the jQuery library from GOV.UK’s public facing applications and the performance impact it had for our users.
Matt Hobbs, Head of Frontend Development at the Government Digital Service (GDS)
We do a deep dive into what we've learned from the Real User Monitoring (RUM) data that we started collecting in June last year.
In this blog post we explain how Real User Monitoring (RUM) gives us an understanding of why a page is performing badly and how to fix it.
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for anyone who is working on GOV.UK or interested in how the digital home of the UK government works. Written by the GOV.UK Team
Standards and guidelines
- A bold new look for the GOV.UK homepage 1 November 2023
- Undertaking GOV.UK's largest software infrastructure project 20 September 2023
- How we developed GOV.UK’s strategy for growth 24 August 2023
- Making it easier to add images on GOV.UK 10 August 2023
- Updating GOV.UK when there is a machinery of government change 15 June 2023