In this blog post, we explain the technical details of removing the jQuery library from GOV.UK’s public facing applications and the performance impact it had for our users.
Matt Hobbs, Head of Frontend Development at the Government Digital Service (GDS)
We do a deep dive into what we've learned from the Real User Monitoring (RUM) data that we started collecting in June last year.
In this blog post we explain how Real User Monitoring (RUM) gives us an understanding of why a page is performing badly and how to fix it.
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for anyone who is working on GOV.UK or interested in how the digital home of the UK government works. Written by the GOV.UK Team
Standards and guidelines
- How we ran a discovery for GOV.UK publishing permissions 25 January 2023
- Improving how users search for local information on GOV.UK 7 December 2022
- Incident report: Some GOV.UK URLs blocked by deceptive site warning 24 November 2022
- Improving the design of subtopic pages 21 November 2022
- How GOV.UK is upgrading to Google Analytics 4 3 November 2022