We explain what scroll tracking is, why the original scroll tracker wasn't fit for purpose, why we built a new one, and some of the complexities involved.
Andy Sellick - Senior frontend developer, GOV.UK
User research helps us understand how people use GOV.UK and what we can do to improve their experience. Find out how a designer and a developer undertook pop-up research to test GOV.UK search on mobile devices.
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for anyone who is working on GOV.UK or interested in how the digital home of the UK government works. Written by the GOV.UK Team
Standards and guidelines
- Celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day on GOV.UK 19 May 2022
- Making the GOV.UK feedback component more accessible 28 March 2022
- Replacing the scroll tracker on GOV.UK 17 March 2022
- Incident report: increased error rate on GOV.UK on 5 January 2022 25 February 2022
- How we improved translations on GOV.UK 9 February 2022