GOV.UK is thinking about ways that we can make it easier for users to interact with government. This post looks in a bit more detail at a key strand of this work - the exploration of a GOV.UK account
Leanne Cummings, Head of Product, GOV.UK
Head of Product, GOV.UK
The GOV.UK team at GDS has launched our roadmap for 2020 to 2021. Find out what we’re looking to accomplish in the coming period, and hear about our priority areas of work.
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for people who create or manage content on the site, frequent users and anyone else who is interested. Written by the GOV.UK team.
Act now to comply with new accessibility regulations
New regulations mean public sector bodies have a legal duty to make websites and apps accessible. Service and product owners for central government’s website, GOV.UK, need to upload an accessibility page and publishers need to upload an accessible documents policy.
Find out how your public sector organisation is impacted at GOV.UK/accessibility-regulations.
Standards and guidelines
- Respecting users’ privacy on GOV.UK accounts 21 January 2021
- The technical architecture behind a GOV.UK account 7 January 2021
- Five things we’ve learned from researching the GOV.UK account 9 December 2020
- How we designed the GOV.UK accounts trial 26 November 2020
- Mapping the “Start a Business” journey on GOV.UK 14 October 2020