We’ve made design changes to the GOV.UK homepage to improve its accessibility and make it a better user experience for the millions of people that visit it every week.
Mia Allers, Senior Graphic Designer at GDS
Learn why and how we updated the GOV.UK sitewide menu bar.
We updated an accordion component to be more accessible and here’s how we did it.
GOV.UK is a large and complex website that uses a range of different layouts and design elements. We've been improving the site's user experience by tackling design debt and building a universal navigation system.
Users can struggle to find what they need when they navigate through GOV.UK. Topic pages will help them find what they're looking for more easily.
Related content and links
A blog about running and improving the GOV.UK website, for anyone who is working on GOV.UK or interested in how the digital home of the UK government works. Written by the GOV.UK Team
Standards and guidelines
- Celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day on GOV.UK 19 May 2022
- Making the GOV.UK feedback component more accessible 28 March 2022
- Replacing the scroll tracker on GOV.UK 17 March 2022
- Incident report: increased error rate on GOV.UK on 5 January 2022 25 February 2022
- How we improved translations on GOV.UK 9 February 2022